Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Progress, with a Chance of Rain

Alright! So I was able to film the first scene of my video over spring break, and I originally scheduled to film the rest on this past Sunday (seeing as that was the best time for all of my cast and lead), but once Sunday came, the weather forecast changed completely, deciding to be 33 degrees with a chance of snow. Seeing as Brittany, my lead, is supposed to be playing in a creek and her with the 3-4 others are running through the woods outside, it was just WAY too cold to ask them to do that. I have rescheduled the shoot for Sunday, April 10th, and am VERY ready to get this filmed. I have included some screenshots of some of the clips that are in the intro scene, I hope you like them! I had a total of 14 confirmations before the shoot, but only 10 people actually showed up, but 10 worked great after all, in my opinion.
If there is one thing this whole process is just reminding me over and over again- coordinating with people is VERY VERY HARD. Hah, *sigh*.




3 comments:

  1. Its good that Spring Break cleared up so you could film. The screenshots you gave look awesome.

    I hope everything works out weather wise for you so that you're not trying to pack it all in at the end. As for coordinating with people, yea that part is super hard. You could bring little snacks for your actors or something as a thank you or something. : p Not sure if it'd help too much but I'm sure it'd be something interesting to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I brought like 6 different boxes of Little Debbie pastries and a flat of bottled water to the above shoot. That helped for sure! The weather has just been SO unpredictable lately, but the filming will go on (eventually)! I'm just ready to get the filming over with so I can have fun editing, haha. I'm so excited to see my vision turn into reality, and I hope I can achieve just that. However, I really wish I was allowed to use a greater quality camera to shoot with, but I don't have access to that until my next video class next year :'( I will make due with what I have though. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mood-shots! I'm assuming that the young woman looking at the camera in shot two is Brittney? OK, so here is a very specific, but definitely a take it or leave it comment: The zippers on the girl's hoodies stand out... maybe black tape or grease pencil? This is really minor...
    The last composition: watch that horizon line! Drop it a few ticks downward (you are getting dangerously close to cutting the screen in half!)
    ...
    Love the blog title... funny!

    ReplyDelete