Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mother Nature is a Tease

Well, the weather is a bit of a toss up at the moment, but supposedly its going to get better again here coming up. Progress is at a little bit of a standstill at the moment, seeing as I am more or less just waiting on the weather to film (still aiming for middle/end of March). I got Final Cut Pro on my laptop, so that will help once production/editing time comes around.

During our group meeting last week, you told me about getting/making a steadycam, WELL ALEX TRIMPE SAVES THE DAY! He has one that he said that I could borrow to shoot with!!!! I am mega excited about that. I have also contacted some of my models and sent them the .mp3 of the song so they can start learning the song itself. Alex gave me a lot of great advice, when I go out to photograph my locations, he advised me to shoot all of my b-roll then, so its one less thing that I need to worry about in the midst of the actual film day with all of my models. So, this has also been postponed due to the weather, so on to the next week of studying weather forcasts!

1 comment:

  1. That is great news about Alex's rig! You will have to take him out to dinner (give him a film credit too). I know that you are anxious about getting out and shooting, but don't rush. If you shoot all of your B-Roll and then it takes two weeks to get the actors on-site, nothing will line-up.
    Since you are kinda caught in limbo right now, and there are not a lot of opportunities for visual documentation, maybe create a director's log (a bulleted list of the days schedule for shooting). One-page, no more or your head will explode. Kind of like a shopping list... keep you on-track and create a logical series of shot set-up (for instance, if the beginning and end of your film takes place in the same location, list them together so that you are not setting-up twice).

    ReplyDelete