Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Continued Progress!

I am almost entirely finished with my storyboard! I'm only a little stuck on filling about 14/19 seconds in the middle of the song (roughly between 1:44-2:05). I feel fantastic about this plot, and my vision kicks the you-know-whatty out of my rough- very rough- thumbnail sketches. My goal for next week is to go seek and photograph all of my locations. I also need to go to my old highschool and see if I can get permission to use the back of the school for this project, which I don't really see being a problem. My only concern is the weather. I won't be able to shoot until much of the snow melts, but I'm trying to keep a good eye on the weather. Honestly, I'm aiming at [hopefully] shooting during spring break, because I think I'll have the best luck getting my models all together at once. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! But needless to say, I'm still completely excited about this project and CANNOT wait to film! :D

Below are the images of my storyboard, as well as specifics on the third page.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you've gotten a lot done in a short amount of time. Good work. Are the numbers on the bottoms of the thumbnails the timing? If so it might be best to worry about timing after all the shooting is done that way you're not pressing yourself when filming to get everything to fit how you originally planned it here.

    As for weather I think the rest of this week and the start of next week is going to be sunny..still a bit cold though. Good luck getting the right weather for your shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think a music video is always cool! Is the plot going to follow a single person or a group? I like the idea to not be afraid to break out of conformity. How is your character(s) going to break out? Looks like you really have good material to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be one single lead role, but in the beginning, there will be about (hopefully) 10-20 people. My lead will separate herself from that crowd and towards the last third of the song, she will run into four other individuals in the woods, and in a way they unite and continue on their "path to individualism", you could say. Haha, check out my super rough thumbnails if you want a better idea. And I have time codes mostly just to keep me on track and know where what should happen during the song, more or less to just help keep me organized! :) Thanks for the advice guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the weather is going to be a challenge... another way to "wait" out the weather would be to take your storyboard and produce an animatic. That way you can begin to tweak the timing (not that there is anything wrong with writing it out--sometimes it is easier to stage it by drag-and-drop in AE).
    You can also produce "proof of concept" images. Take some test-shots, bring into PhotoShop and try-out differnt subtle changes... almost anything you do in PS can be done in AE.

    ReplyDelete