Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Final, for real ;D

After last week's feedback I was in a little bit of a funk, but once I sat down and really stared at my last attempt, I couldn't have agreed more with your comments. It just felt like I was trying to say too much with too much. I took a slightly more simplistic approach this time around, and honestly, the message is just as strong, if not stronger in my opinion. I hope you like this one better, because I certainly do! :)



 American Sins/Stereotypes
A little explanation for the design choices made.

Even though I have already explained my reasoning and purpose for my execution of this assignment, since we won't be meeting in class until we present, I thought I would explain some of my design choices in advanced. I chose the font specifically because it reminded me of old type writers that were commonly used through out the 19th and 20th centuries. Faith, morals, and the overall outlooks on life back then were so different than they are now. While all of the above subjects/topics existed back then, they weren't nearly as common, important, or accepted as they are by our society today. However, even though faith and morals seem to be slowly fading out of our society (represented by small font size), our country is still a united country, people are still fighting for their rights, and as a country we are always changing and growing. So while we are certainly not perfect, and while it definitely wouldn't hurt to change these particular aspects about our country, we are still all united (represented by the circle).

1 comment:

  1. I can hear you about felling a little down about the comments, but you persevered and I think this is much stronger! It's kind of a Holiday Sins Wreath! Tee hee!
    Seriously, it is better... I really like your concept of the typewriter. I think this can be pushed even further. For example, think about the physical nature of typing--the smack of the key and the spatter of the ink. Not to overdo it, but to show that maybe the indifference and heavy handed approach of the images is reflected in the type.
    I still stick with my opinion about showing all of the images in a row, but this is subject and just my opinion...
    Great work EB!

    ReplyDelete