Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nearing Completion!


Hello! Alrighty, so I have made my layout with the images I took over Thanksgiving break, however I have three different variations which I need help deciding from. Below are my three different variations. What do you think? The text going around the images is the quote from the movie Se7en that I've included in the last few posts. I wasn't sure if I should include what each picture represents, but I figured with the additional elements of the piece that the topics would be fairly obvious.
I would love all thoughts and comments!



Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear EB, I don't like any of them... the text just doesn't work (the placement of the West text is smashed up against the images and the "all caps" makes is really hard to read). I really don't like the empty lines between the photos...
    Here is what I want you to do: think back to freshman year and about visual dominance of contrast (I think this was called "planes in space" or something like that). Whatever you decide to be the most important needs to get the highest level of contrast (text, photos, flag, etc). Then, everything else has to be reduced in it's contrast by at least one step. This will allow the viewer to focus on the main issue first and then "find" the other elements.
    In my opinion, the photos are the most important element... and even though they are based on the writing, I don't think you have to have all of the writing visible...
    This was probably not exactly what you wanted to hear... but, your photos are strong... make them the focus... find me if you want to talk about this... or, talk with Duncan

    ReplyDelete