Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Project Helen Hoffelt

For my panels, I have considered quite a few ideas for both the texture piece and the pattern piece.

For the textured piece, the idea of using "opposite textures" appealed to me. Like using something fluffy with something sharp and jagged, and/or something soft like a blanket with something rough like sand paper. If allowed, I think I would like to do my panels with photos. Perhaps a collage of a bunch of photos that reflect these opposite textures.
For the patterned panel, I was thinking about photographing a scene with tons of clashing patterns. Perhaps every surface is that of a different pattern, such as cups, clothing, furnature, wallpaper, table cloths, etc.

I haven't quite decided on if I want to do a series of portrait photography with a fashion flare, or a series of shots that are so close and so focused on these patterns and textures that you can hardly tell what is actually being photographed. I am very excited to execute this project and I look forward to posting my progress! :)

-EB

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your progress tomorrow! You can define pattern and texture however you want as long as you remain consistent.

    ReplyDelete