Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Progress!

Alrighty, well I have made quite a bit of progress on this assignment since my last post. What I have decided to do portray three images for the texture diptych and three images for the pattern diptych. I will be displaying these images in a stacked fashion. For the textured images, I plan on photographing images of things that are rough, dry, and/or just plain nasty, but close enough so that you can see the rust, or cracks in the dirt, etc. In other words, things that make you feel icky and/or uncomfortable.)

For my pattern diptych, I will be photographing patterns in materials that are soft, comforting, moist/earthy, etc. For example, things like vintage wallpaper, old blankets, lawn furniture, lace doilies, etc. (AKA things that remind you of good/happy things)

To tie these two diptychs together, I will be having something rough, like barbed wire or a jagged stick, run across the textured diptych over top of the three photos, and on the pattern diptych I will have something soft with a pattern, like yarn, going across the screen as well. While there will be a break in the page between the diptychs, to create a little brain-breathing room when looking from piece to piece,  these two objects (barbed wire & yarn) will appear to meet in the middle to appear as though one is becoming the other.

I have attached a photo to give you an idea of what I will be doing! However, the images will be different, but like I said- just to give you an idea. :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment